FOLLOW-UP AFTER ACCOMMODATION
This service is provided to women who leave the shelter and who need additional time and support to see through some of the goals they began working on during their stay, or for any other reason that is important to the former resident and her children.
The goal is to provide help in maintaining residential stability to avoid a return to an abusive situation or emergency shelter.
Here are some of the main services available after a stay
- Networking in the new neighbourhood (food bank, CLSC, collective kitchen, etc.);
- Legal advice;
- Help with administrative procedures such as immigration;
- Search for donated items for a new home;
- Budget management;
- Help in going back to school;
- Registering the children in a new school or daycare centre.