RAISING AWARENESS: AN IMPORTANT ROLE FOR LA DAUPHINELLE
Raising awareness in the community, including politicians and decision-makers, about spousal abuse and violence against women is an essential part of La Dauphinelle’s mission. The organization has developed expertise in coming to the aid of women who are grappling with housing instability and invisible homelessness.
For this reason, our management team, board members and professionals take every opportunity to speak to the public about the harm caused by conjugal violence in all of its forms, as well as on issues of poverty.
Here are some of the ways we raise awareness:
- awareness-raising workshops
- participating in various conventions and fairs
- active membership in many different organizations
- representations and invitations to ministers and elected officials;
- media appearances
- posting information on social media
- public relations and media relations
- public fundraisers
- producing communications tools.